Happy 1-Year Anniversary, Military No Stress PCS!
Happy 1-Year Anniversary, Military No Stress PCS
Here’s a celebratory look back at our growth, partnerships, and fellowship with you
By: Yolanda Conrad, Concierge Agent
For 365 days, Military No Stress PCS has had the honor and the privilege to serve you – our military families. We are humbled and enlightened by each interaction we’ve had with you all, and we genuinely appreciate your support. We could not celebrate this anniversary without you.
For those of who you who don’t know a lot about us, here’s a (relatively) short summary:
Military No Stress PCS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that helps military families relocating stateside and overseas with any move-related questions or concerns. From questions about schools in a new area to how to transport pets and vehicles, a team of concierge agents will do the research and provide military families with the resources and answers they need to have a successful PCS.
Our organization also has a team of Military Relocation Professionals who can help families buy or sell their homes as they transition to a new duty station. These Military Relocation Professionals are licensed realtors who are either veterans or military spouses; therefore, they are knowledgeable and equipped to find housing solutions that best suit the needs of military families. Our services are free of charge.
Military No Stress PCS was founded on October 4, 2021, and is the brainchild of Rob Schelle of Tampa, FLA. Schelle is a civilian but started this organization out of a desire to help service members and their families because of the countless sacrifices they make on behalf of our nation.
Through the organization’s services, Schelle hopes military families feel supported and appreciated. “I started this organization to give back to the military community,” he said. “I hope our efforts minimize the stress that’s a part of each PCS move and convey the gratitude we have for our service members and their families.”
Here’s what we’ve been up to in the year since our inception:
- We’ve increased our staff to include hiring:
- two fundraising consultants who apply for grants, seek out fundraising opportunities, and help us build lasting partnerships throughout the country;
- more concierge agents to be able to answer inquiries in a timely manner; and
- more Military Relocation Professionals to help military families with their housing needs.
These new hires join the Founder, Program Coordinator, and Marketing Director in fulfilling our mission of fostering a network of support and fellowship with our military community.
If you would like more information about joining our team, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, we have a team of concierge agents and Military Relocation Professionals at 127 stateside and 12 overseas installations; however, our capacity to help extends far beyond our physical locations. We can provide assistance to military families all over the nation and the world.
- We’ve established a social media presence on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MilitaryNoStressPCS), Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/militarynostresspcs/), and Linkedin (https://www.linkedin.com/company/military-no-stress-pcs). In addition to creating a Military No Stress PCS Facebook Page, we’ve also created 12 Facebook pages for our OCONUS locations throughout Japan, Italy, Germany, and South Korea. In the last year, more than 1.3 million people have viewed our content, which includes podcasts and information about programs, services, and resources to enrich the lives of our military families. Since October 2021, our social media audience has increased by 4,000 people. If you haven’t already done so, please “Like,” “Follow” and “Share” our social media pages. We enjoy engaging with you on your military journeys.
- We’ve established partnerships with:
- Leave No Paws Behind USA – a nonprofit organization that helps military families with the process of PCSing with their pets. Visit their site here: leavenopawsbehindusa.org
- Military OneSource – a website with information, resources, and confidential help made available to service members and their families through the Department of Defense. Visit their site here: militaryonesource.mil
- Amazon Smile – we are a registered charity, which means when you shop on Amazon, if you select us as your preferred charity, our organization will receive .05% of the sales price on eligible items. Make us your Amazon Smile charity by visiting: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/87-3071318
- Wreaths Across America – By sponsoring a wreath for $15, you can help us honor those laid to rest at the following locations during National Wreaths Across America Day on December 17, 2022: Arlington National Cemetery, Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery, Northern New Jersey Veterans Memorial Cemetery, Florida Hills Memorial Gardens, and Quantico National Cemetery.
When you place a wreath order during the month of October, you will gain an entry into a drawing for a $100 Amazon gift card. For each wreath sponsorship, $5 will go to Military No Stress PCS to allow us to continue assisting military families. Wreath orders can be made until November 28, 2022. To sponsor a wreath in support of our organization, please visit: https://www.wreathsacrossamerica.org/FL1025P
- Riveter – Most recently, we partnered with this American handbag company founded by military spouses. Each canvas and leather bag is designed and hand-made by military spouses. For 10 percent off your purchase, use our discount code: MNSPCS. If you use that code and/or shop using this link: https://www.rriveter.com/?rfsn=6876559.cb64be&utm_source=refersion&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=6876559.cb64be, our organization will receive a 7 percent commission from that sale.
The donations we receive through some of these partnerships allow us to continue to offer our services at no cost to military families. If you’d like to make a donation to our organization, please contact us at email@example.com .
We are thrilled to join forces with these organizations and companies that support service members and their families, and we look forward to forming new partnerships in the coming years. If you’d like to partner with us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’ve had lots of help spreading the word about our services. We’ve been featured in several media outlets and podcasts to include Stars and Stripes, The Chit Show and Wreaths Across America Radio. To listen and read the articles, please visit our website at militarynostresspcs.org and scroll to the very bottom of the page.
- In the last year, our Marketing Department has upgraded and redesigned our website to make it more user-friendly. Please check it out here at: militarynostresspcs.org . Our website is where you can submit PCS-related inquiries, read our blogs, and stay up-to-date on all the latest happenings with us.
- The most important thing we’ve done in the last year is to connect with you and, hopefully, ease the stress of PCS moves. In the last 365 days, we’ve researched new schools and extracurricular activities available at different installations. We’ve helped families buy and sell their homes. We’ve aided families in successfully shipping their pets and vehicles to their new locations. We’ve assisted military families in finding childcare options, and we’ve aided families in getting settled overseas.
It’s been a busy and fulfilling year. We’ve loved every moment of every PCS process we’ve been a part of. Thank you for contacting us and allowing us to do the research for you. Please keep your questions coming. It’s because of you that we’ve been able to have such a fabulous first year!